If you are looking for a flavourful tomato salad that is not an usual caprese salad with basil and mozzarella I absolutely recommend this versatile marinated tomato salad. What do I mean by the versatile? Well, the seasoning added to the tomatoes makes them rich in flavor but at the same time it can be easily customized to your preferences. You can create your own favorite tomato salad by adding chopped boiled potato, beans, green beans, cucumber pieces, sun-dried tomatoes, tuna, avocado, or anything else that comes to your mind. This salad is also great on its own with no other dressing added. It can serve as a fresh and tasty side dish during summer barbecues or family celebrations.
Easy marinated tomato salad with fresh herbs
- 3 medium – large tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ large onion
- 5 basil leaves
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 large spoonful of parsley leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tsp of salt
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ lemon (only the zest)
Instructions marinated tomato salad
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper and zest of half a lemon. Now add finely chopped mint, basil and parsley leaves. Finally add the finely chopped onion. Stir and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the flavor to blend.
- Wash your tomatoes and slice them. Place on a serving plate and decorate each tomato slice with the prepared onion and herb mix. You can serve immediately or add other condiments such as tuna, boiled potatoes, beans and green beans or other condiment to taste.
Store in refrigerator and eat within a day.
p.s. If you are looking for another unusual tomato salad recipe check out my Summer peach and tomato caprese salad with basil sauce (photo below).