Today’s recipe is for a pasta with cream made with roasted bell peppers and stracciatella. It is an easy but equally delicious and fragrant first course of pasta with vegetables. The peppers are roasted in the oven together with the garlic and then blended together with some cream cheese to create a thick and delicious cream. The addition of stracciatella (you can also use burrata) adds an incomparable creaminess. A must try.
Pasta with roasted peppers cream and stracciatella
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 big garlic cloves (leave the skin on)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cream cheese or goat cream cheese
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp grated parmesa cheese
- 240 g dry pasta
- 200 g stracciatella or burrata cheese at room temperature or not super cold
Instructions pasta with roasted peppers cream and stracciatella
- Clean and pat dry your bell peppers. Line the pan with baking paper and add the peppers and garlic with their skins on. Preheat the oven to 200°C, insert the tray and roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes, turning the peppers 2 times. After this time, take them out of the oven and being careful not to burn yourself, immediately cover the pan with with aluminum foil. After 15 minutes, remove the foil, peel the peppers, remove the stalk, seeds and ribs.
- Place the cleaned peppers in a tall container. Squeeze the soft garlic from the husk and add it to the peppers. Now also add a spoonful of cream cheese, two teaspoons of tomato paste and 2 table spoons of grated Parmesan. Blend everything with the immersion blender until you have a smooth cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend again. Taste and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook the long pasta in plenty of salted water following the instructions on the box. Drain then cook together with the bell pepper cream for 2 – 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Divide into serving dishes. Add some spoonfuls of stracciatella or pieces of burrata, a drizzle of raw oil and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other easy pasta recipes check out my Spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad (photo below) or Pasta with cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach (photo below).