Cauliflower pizza is a particular dish that has become popular among food bloggers in the last two years and I was really eager to try it. To be honest, this dish really surprised me. I was very skeptical about having the cauliflower in place of the classic pizza dough and yet the end result is very pleasant and tasty. It is a union of flavors between some kind of vegetable hash brown, the smells of various spices and yumminess of melted cheese.
- 500 g cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 30 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g mozzarella cheese for the dough
- 80 g mozzarella cheese for the garnish
- 1 small garlic clove
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp dried basil or some fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch of pepper
- a chili flakes or chili powder optional to taste
Instructions: Cauliflower pizza
- Clean the cauliflower and divide into florets.
- Pulse batches of cauliflower in a food processor, until a rice-like texture. Place the chopped cauliflower in a bowl, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and put aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the cauliflower with heands to eliminate the excess of liquid. Add finely chopped garlic, grated Parmesan cheese. Then add 100 g of grated mozzarella, egg, basil, pepper and a pinch of red chili flakes or chili powder to give a little bit of spiciness.
- Mix well. Using your hands roll out “the dough” on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This pizza should be a few millimeters – 1 cm high.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220° C for 10 – 15 minutes. After this time add 80 g of mozzarella on top and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to become golden.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Take it from the oven, allow to cool slightly before cutting the pizza. Serve hot.
lot of love. B.