Cauliflower pizza is a particular dish that has become popular among food bloggers in the last two years and I was really eager to try it. To be honest, this dish really surprised me. I was very skeptical about having the cauliflower in place of the classic pizza dough and yet the end result is very pleasant and tasty. It is a union of flavors between some kind of vegetable hash brown, the smells of various spices and yumminess of melted cheese.
Super fun cauliflower pizza with a lot of melted cheese and no flour in the dough.
- 500 g cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 30 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g mozzarella cheese for the dough
- 80 g mozzarella cheese for the garnish
- 1 small garlic clove
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp dried basil or some fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch of pepper
- a chili flakes or chili powder optional to taste
Instructions: Cauliflower pizza
- Clean the cauliflower and divide into florets.
- Pulse batches of cauliflower in a food processor, until a rice-like texture. Place the chopped cauliflower in a bowl, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and put aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the cauliflower with heands to eliminate the excess of liquid. Add finely chopped garlic, grated Parmesan cheese. Then add 100 g of grated mozzarella, egg, basil, pepper and a pinch of red chili flakes or chili powder to give a little bit of spiciness.
- Mix well. Using your hands roll out “the dough” on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This pizza should be a few millimeters – 1 cm high.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220° C for 10 – 15 minutes. After this time add 80 g of mozzarella on top and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to become golden.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
The nutritional values are generated automatically for indicative purposes only and are therefore not completely accurate.
Serving: 8slicesCalories: 82kcal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Take it from the oven, allow to cool slightly before cutting the pizza. Serve hot.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like easy veggie recipes check out my Cabbage stew and Honey glazed carrots with thyme and mustard (foto below)