Quick and easy pasta with smoked salmon, spinach and cream cheese. A recipe full of flavour perfect when you have little time available to cook.
Pasta with cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach
- 200 g dry pasta I used linguine
- 1 handful of fresh spinach or baby spinach remove tough stalks
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 70 g cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Instructions: Pasta with cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach
- In a large pot with boiling, salted water, cook pasta (long type, like linguine or fettuccine) following the instructions on the box. Halfway through cooking, set aside in a small bowl, 1 – 2 tablespoons of cooking water.
- Add cream cheese to the cooking water and mix everything until you get creamy, not very liquid, sauce.
- In a pan heat a teaspoon of olive oil, then add, previously cut into small pieces, smoked salmon and cook for a minute.
- Add coarsely chopped baby spinach. Cook stirring occasionally for about 1 – 2 minutes, then turn off the heat and wait until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta and add to salmon and spinach. Pour in cream cheese sauce and turn on the heat to medium flame. Cook if necessary for a minute to make the cream cheese sauce more thick.
Before serving, add salt and pepper and some fresh lemon juice (about ½ tablespoon) for a little bit of acidity.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe with smoked salmon check my Naan pizza with smoked salmon. (foto below)