These super soft butter rolls are light and fluffy. They are mildly sweet so they are perfect for breakfast and a snack. They melt in your mouth.
Super soft butter rolls
- 450 g bread flour
- 250 ml warm water
- 7 g active dry yeast* see the notes to halve the yeast
- 25 g sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 50 g melted butter + more for the top
- 1 tbsp lemon juice optional
Instructions: Super soft butter rolls
- Mix 150 ml of warm water with sugar and dry yeast. Set aside for 5 – 10 minutes or until the yeast becomes fluffy.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the salt. Add the yeast mixture and the rest of the warm water and lemon juice. Stir with a spoon until the dough begins to take shape and set aside for a few minutes.
- Add melted butter and begin to knead.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. They secret for these rolls to become fluffy is to knead them until the dough becomes springy. Then place it in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour and a half or until it doubles in volume.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough. Knead briefly and divide it into 12 pieces similar to each other. Shape into balls and laid on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Brush the rolls with a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
Once baked let them cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love fluffy butter rolls you shoul also check my Salted butter and honey rolls. (foto below)