Christmas tree cheese board is a quick and easy cold appetizer. It’s an idea for a simple but fun and delicious lacto vegetarian finger food platter for Christmas or New Year’s Eve dinner. As you can imagine it’s super easy to put together and impresses with a selection of delicious cheeses, fresh or dried fruit, sauces, snacks, pickles, olives or whatever you can think of. It’s a chopping board full of finger food that could become your table centrepiece. You can prepare it in advance and serve it when needed.
Christmas tree cheese board
- black olives in brine
- brie cheese (or other type of cheese)
- parmesan cheese (or other type of cheese)
- spicy toma cheese (or other type of cheese)
- galbanino or american cheese (or other type of cheese)
- pretzel-type savory biscuits
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- dry red currants (optional)
- rosemary sprigs
Instructions Christmas tree cheese board
- First choose your cutting board and place a triangle cut out ofbaking paper on it. This triangle not only allows you to follow a precise shape but helps you not to stain the chopping board. It also allows you to add soft and slightly sticky cheeses on top.
- Follow the shape of the triangle by alternating dried or fresh fruit or snacks with diced cheese. As you have seen I chose brie, parmesan and toma but you can use any cheese of your liking. Use pretzel sticks or a rectangular slice of cheese to create the trunk.
- Once you have created the shape of the tree, decorate it as you like with small pieces of fresh rosemary and stars cut from other types of cheese. To give it some extra color I also added pomegranate seeds and dried red currants. Serve your cutting board with different types of crackers or bread, sauces and chtneys and wine.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator covered and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other simple and quick appetizers for the holidays, I recommend my Quick smoked salmon and cream cheese appetizers (photo below) or Easy and quick appetizer with apples, mascarpone cheese and walnuts (photo below).