If you are looking for a delicious appetizer recipe you should check these easy and flavourful Italian bruschetta with broccoli rabe and creamy cheese spread. It is a simple and tasty cold appetizer that can be prepared in advance for an evening with friends, a barbecue or a family party. The bread is cut into thin slices and roasted in the oven until crisp and then lightly rubbed with fresh garlic. These crunchy finger food is then garnished with creamy cheese mixed with lemon juice and olive oil and broccoli rabe. A very fragrant combination, a must try!
Italian bruschetta with broccoli rabe
- ½ baguette or another type of bread
- 130 g turnip greens (I used frozen)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 g of creamy cheese (I used Italian Osella but goat cheese or another cream cheese is fine too)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Instructions Italian bruschetta with broccoli rabe
- Cut your bread into rather thin slices. Toast them in a preheated static oven at 200 ° C until they become crunchy. I have created 18 small bruschetta perfect to be eaten with one bite.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add a clove of garlic 130 g of frozen broccoli (or you can use previously cleaned and blanched broccoli rabe). Salt, pepper and sauté everything until they become tender. Set them aside. Once they are at room temperature, chop them coarsely.
- While you wait for your broccoli rabe, prepare the cheese spread. Mix 100 g of cream cheese with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Rub each piece of bruschetta with a clove of garlic. Divide the spread between all the bruschetta and garnish with the cooked broccoli rabe. If you like, add a pinch of chili powder or chili flakes and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
To be eaten within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious vegetarian recipe, check out my recipe for Chickpea salad sandwich with radishes and mung bean sprouts (fot below) and Marinated feta with sun dried tomatoes (photo below).