There are so many recipes with Greek feta cheese but I must say that marinated feta with sun dried tomatoes is one of my favorite recipes as it is just super easy to prepare. All you have to do is to cover diced cheese in olive oil which is flavored with sun dried tomatoes, garlic, lot of lemon zest and other spices. Then you just let it marinate for 24 hours. This time I have decided to use fresh thyme and mint but you can use other fresh spices of your preference. The final result is infused with a rich and spicy flavor.
This feta is perfect for creating delicious salads. Just add the cubes along with the marinade and a splash of vinegar or lemon juice to your favorite type of lettuce and serve immediately. You can also create a mixed salad with other vegetables and croutons. It is also an excellent cold appetizer or a quick snack to be served with olives or bruschetta.
Marinated feta with sun dried tomatoes
- 220 g Greek feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil from sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 3-4 generous tablespoons of chopped dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 7 leaves mint (large)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (zest only) (organic)
- black pepper to taste
Instructions marinated feta with sun dried tomatoes
- Heat two types of oil. As soon as they are very hot but not boiling add fresh thyme, mint leaves and garlic, all minced. Also add lemon zest, just enough ground black pepper and the chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- Cut your feta into cubes. Place in a bowl, glass container or jar. As soon as the oil becomes cold, pour the prepared marinade over it.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours (preferably 24 hours). Once you want to use your feta, take it out of the fridge. If your oil thickens, just leave the cheese at room temperature until the oil becomes liquid again.
Serve as a cold appetizer or as a salad dressing. Store in the refrigerator and use within a week.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe for a delicious appetizer, check out my Puff pastry slices with caramelized onions, mushrooms and feta or Baked beer tofu (photo below).