These coffee and cardamom shortcrust pastry cookies are so fragrant that it is difficult to resist and not eat them straight out of the oven. They are easy cookies that fill your home with the smell of coffee mixed with cardamom and milk. These shortbread pastry cookies are not too hard and not too sweet. They will surely become your favorite if you are a coffee lover as they are rich in flavor thanks to the addition of ground coffee of the instant one.
Coffee and cardamom shortcrust pastry cookies
- 250 g cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 2 generous tablespoons of ground coffee
- 1 generous teaspoon of powdered cardamom (if you use the green seeds you have to peel them and pulverize the black seeds inside)
- 140 g of cold butter
- 2 tbsp of cold water
Instructions coffee and cardamom shortcrust pastry cookies
- Mix 250 g of cake flour or all-purpose flour with 80 g of granulated sugar, 2 generous tablespoons of ground coffee and 1 teaspoon of powdered cardamom. As I mentioned earlier, if you don’t have powdered cardamom but green seeds, you have to empty the green seeds and grind the dark seeds that you find inside. You need an equivalent of a teaspoon.
- Grate your cold butter directly into the flour using the grater with large holes. You can also cut the butter into cubes and crumble it into the flour using your finger tips. Add two large egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Work the dough briefly until all the ingredients are blended. Wrap the pastry in the plastic wrap and place it to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Coffee cookies – baking time
- Dust the work surface with a some flour. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin to a thickness of about 3 mm. Using a thin-rimmed glass or cookie cutter, cut out circles. Place your shortbread cookies on the baking sheet covered with baking paper or with the silicone baking mat.
- Mix the scraps of the dough and roll out again to create other cookies. Use all the prepared dough. I managed to get 28 cookies.
- Use the non-cutting edge of the knife to create a pattern over the surface of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 160 ° C for about 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Store for several days in a closed container.
lot of love. B.