I prepared this delicious fruit tart with yogurt whipped cream on my thirty-sixth birthday. I love fresh and slightly sour flavors and mango gelèe is absolutely my favorite. The olive oil crust is very simple and quick to prepare and does not require time to rest in the refrigerator. The yogurt whipped cream is absolutely fabulous, delicate and with a slight aftertaste of yogurt that goes perfectly with the taste of strawberries, mango and fresh berries.
Mango and strawberry fruit tart with yogurt whipped cream
- 200 g mango
- 50 g white sugar
- 6 g gelatin in leaves
- 1 teaspoon acacia honey
- 230 g strawberries
- 60 g sugar
- 6 g gelatin in leaves
- 2 teaspoons acacia honey
Yogurt whipped cream
- 30 g white sugar
- 100 g plain yogurt
- 100 g cold whipping cream
- 2 g gelatin in leaves
Olive oil crust
- 220 g cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 g baking powder
- 120 ml mild olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 half lemon (only the zest)
- 90 g white sugar
- For this recipe I used the silicone pan by Silikomart which is called Mosaico.
- Prepare your fruit gelée the night before as it has to be frozen in the silicone mould.
- Soak 6 grams of gelatin leaves in cold water for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile peel mango and blend unitl it becomes a smooth puree.
- Take a quarter and pour it into a small pot. Add sugar and honey and mix thoroughly. Turn on the flame and bring to a boil. Turn the heat off and add squeezed gelatin then stir until it dissolves.
- Add hot liquid into the fresh pulp and mix well. Put aside.
- Now use exactly the same way with the strawberry gelée. The only thing that is different is that you have to pass pureed strawberries through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
- Divide prepared pulp between the silicone shapes. A few tablespoons were enough for each cube. Just to recreate the shape and not fill it completely.
- Place the form in the refrigerator and as soon as the gelatin is cooled and firm, lay it in the frizzer to make it freeze completely. The next morning extract frozen cubes from their shape and place them on a flat surface to make them thew while preparing the crust and yogurt whipped cream.
Instructions olive oil crust
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- In the second bowl mix flour with baking powder and lemon zest. Unite two bowls and knead briefly to mix all the ingredients.
- Cover a square baking pan with baking paper and spread the dough evenly using a glass bottom. Create the border about 1 – 2 cm high and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 170 °C for about 20 – 25 minutes or until it turns golden. Once the crust is ready take it from the oven and let it cool down completely.
Instructions yogurt whipped cream
- Soak the gelatine in cold water. Meanwhile whip the cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Heat up your yogurt briefly together with sugar. Turn off the flame. Add squeezed gelatin and stir to completely dissolve it.
- Let the yoghurt cool down slightly and gradually add it to the whipped cream. Fold in each time gently to incorporate it. Once the cream is ready place it in the refrigerator until it becomes completely cold and more compact.
Serve immediately and store in the fridge.
lot of love. B.
P.S. If you like these combinations of flavors you might even want to try mine: Cake with creamy coconut cardamom filling and strawberry gelee.