With this cake with creamy coconut cardamom filling and strawberry gelee I decided to celebrate my birthday and combine my favorite flavors. It is composed of a delicate cake with milk chocolate in the batter that gives it a pleasant milky flavour, then there is a creamy coconut, white chocolate, mascarpone and cardamom filling and finally on the top there is a strawberry gelèe for some freshness. Happy Birthday to me! 😀 Hope you will love this recipe.
Cake with creamy coconut cardamom filling and strawberry gelee
- 600 g fresh strawberries
- 200 g white sugar
- 18 g gelatin sheets
- 20 ml lemon juice
Coconut and mascarpone filling
- 200 ml coconut milk I used 80% coconut milk
- 6 g gelatin sheets
- 200 g white chocolate
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
Milk chocolate cake
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 50 g soft butter
- 30 g white sugar
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Instructions: Cake with creamy coconut cardamom filling and strawberry gelee
- This cake can be prepared in 2 ways. The first, the classic one, consists in using a springform round, 20 cm wide, baking pan. You need to bake the cake, cool it, decorate it with the creamy coconut filling and then pour over the strawberry gelée mixture. Then you place the cake in the refrigerator to make it become completely firm.
- The second method (which I used) is to use a silicone mould to prepare all 3 layers separately.
- Prepare the strawberry gelée the night before. Blend your strawberries and pass them through a fine sieve to remove the seeds (this step is optional). Soak gelatin sheets in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Take about 240 g (a cup) of blended strawberries, add sugar and lemon juice and stir. Pour into the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often. Turn off the heat and add well-squeezed gelatin. Mix to make it melt completely. Add the mixture to the rest of blended strawberries and stir well. Pour the mixture into a round silicone mould (I used 20 cm wide mould made by Silikomart). Place in the refrigerator until it is set then place the mould in the freezer until it is completely frozen.
Coconut cardamom filling
- For the coconut and cardamom filling: soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate over water bath and set aside.
- Heat your coconut milk. Add squeezed gelatin and mix well to make it melt completely. Gradually pour hot coconut milk over melted chocolate, mixing well each time, then take an immersion blender and blend it for a couple of minutes. Add ground cardamom and blend again. Finally add mascarpone cheese and blend until the mixture is smooth. Pass the mixture through a sieve to eliminate air bubbles. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours, best overnight.
- The next morning, take the strawberry gelée from the mould, place it on a plate and place it in the fridge to use in a short time.
- Take the creamy filling from the fridge and place it at room temperature to soften it slightly.
Milk chocolate cake
- Meanwhile, prepare the cake. Divide the eggs. Beat the whites until stiff and set aside. Melt your milk chocolate and set aside to cool it down slightly. Beat sugar with butter until it becomes light. Add melted milk chocolate and beat again. Finally add egg yolks and beat again until incorporated.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and stir briefly with a spoon. Add egg whites and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mould and bake in a preheated static oven at 175 °C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a couple of minutes and then take it gently out from the mould to let it cool down completely.
- To assemble: place the cake on a plate, decorate the cake with creamy coconut filling usina a piping bag then cover it with frozen gelée. Press it gently to spread the filling evenly.
Place in the refrigerator (or for a short time at room temperature) until the strawberry gelée is thawed. Decorate with fresh berries and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious recipe with strawberry gelee you should try my Mini strawberry cheesecakes.