Sweet at the right point, light in texture and delicate, so velvety that it melts in the mouth, this dark chocolate Italian panna cotta is an absolutely irresistible dessert. The addition of dark chocolate to the mix of cream and milk makes this Italian dessert rich but at the same time not too heavy. Its texture is creamy and light, not at all chewy or hard. Prepared with a few simple ingredients, it is a dessert that is quick and easy to make and which is always appreciated by everyone, not only by dark chocolate lovers.
Dark chocolate Italian panna cotta
- 450 ml whipping cream
- 120 ml milk
- 100-120 g dark chocolate (me 52%)
- 5-6 g gelatine in sheets (240 bloom)
Instructions delicate and light dark chocolate panna cotta
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for at least ten minutes.
- Pour the milk with the cream in the pot. Turn on the flame and heat almost to the boiling point. Turn off the flame and add chopped dark chocolate. Wait a minute and stir to completely melt the chocolate. Now add, previously squeezed between your hands, gelatin. Mix well to melt it.
- To make sure that the panna cotta has a perfectly velvety consistency, use the immersion blender and blend everything until it becomes smooth and homogeneous. Pass the liquid through the thick sieve to eliminate any air bubbles and divide the panna cotta into 3 glass jars or cups that contain about 220 ml of liquid. Leave to cool and put in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours.
- Garnish the panna cotta with more grated chocolate, whipped cream, chocolate-coffee ganache or fruit coulis and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipes for an easy but delicious dessert, check out my Creamy homamade vanilla pudding (photo below) or Sweet whipped ricotta dessert with fresh fruit (photo below).