This peach, apricot and apple crumble, with oats and almonds is just a delicious hot dessert full of fruit and a sweet, crunchy topping. It is a quick and easy dessert to prepare and it is an ideal with different types of peaches. Its flavor is a mix between the sour fruit, delicate aftertaste of cinnamon and the sweetness coming from the rich crunchy crumble part with almonds. It is perfect as a hot dessert with a scoop of ice cream that is slowly melting and creates a delicious sauce. But it is also delicious cold, even the next day, as a fresh snack or a delicious sweet breakfast.
Peach and apricot crumble with oats and almonds
- 50 g apples
- 550 g of peaches
- 400 g of apricots
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- ½ lemon (only the juice)
- 2 tbsp of potato (or corn) starch
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- 115 g of melted butter
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 125 g of all-purpose
- 100 g of rolled oats
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 50 g of almonds
- 1 pinch of salt
Instructions peach and apricot crumble with oats and almonds
- Wash, pat dry your fruit. Remove the core and peel the apple. Remove the seeds from the peaches and apricots. Divide all the fruit into cubes and place it in a glass or porcelain dish. I do not recommend using metal pans due to the acidity of the fruit which could ruin the pan as well as the fact that the fruit releases the juice that could come out of the pans with removable bottoms.
- Sprinkle the fruit with the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of sugar and mix gently.
- In a glass aside, mix potato starch with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tip of a teaspoon of nutmeg. Now sprinkle your fruit with the prepared mix.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Preparing the crumble and baking time
- Melt your butter then add sugar and whisk it in. Now add flour, salt and cinnamon and mix briefly. And finally add oat flakes and coarsely chopped almonds.
- Sprinkle the fruit with the prepared crumbled. Do not mix the crumble with the fruit but only cover it.
- Bake for 35 minutes in a static oven preheated to 180 °C.
- Once the crumble is ready, remove it from the oven. Wait a few minutes and serve immediately with ice cream or once it reaches room temperature.
Store in the refrigerator and use within a couple of days.
p.s. If you liked this summer recipe with fruit, check out my Fluffy brioche buns filled with seasonal fruit (photo below).