These cold chocolate chips cheesecake bars are an easy, quick and no-bake chocolate chip dessert. It is full of chocolate pieces both in the creamy filling and in the crunchy cookie base. It is a cold cheesecake with the addition of small amount gelatin to keep its shape during hot summer days. Decorate it with pieces of milk chocolate and chocolate chip cookies for a sweet and delicious treat.
Cold chocolate chips cheesecake bars
- 220 g cookies with chocolate chips
- 110 g melted butter
- 130 g cream cheese
- 500 g mascarpone
- 125 g plain or vanilla yogurt
- 125 g plain or vanilla yogurt for the gelatine
- 7-8 g gelatine in sheets
- 100 g white sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 40-50 g chocolate chips
- chocolate chip cookies, milk chocolate, cookie straws with chocolate filling (decoration)
Isnstructions cold chocolate chips cheesecake bars
- Place cookies with chocolate chips into a blender. Blend until they have a sand-like consistency. If you don't have a blender you can crumble the cookies inside a bag using a rolling pin.
- Add melted butter and mix well. Line the bottom of a 22×22 cm rectangular pan with baking paper. Pour over the prepared mix and level with care. Use the bottom of a glass or cup to press and distribute the base.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in plenty of cold water for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, using a hand whisk or an electric mixer, mix 130 g of cream cheese, 500 g of mascarpone, 100 g of granulated sugar, two teaspoons of lemon juice and 125 ml of yogurt. Leave at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat another 125 ml of yogurt almost to a boiling point. Turn off the heat and add squeezed gelatin. Mix well then pour over the cheese mix.
- Mix thoroughly then add the chocolate chips and mix again. Pour the prepared mass over the cookie base and level carefully. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving your cheesecake, carve vertical and horizontal lines to create squares and decorate them with pieces of cookies, pieces of milk or dark chocolate and stuffed chocolate straws.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
To be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other cold cheesecake recipes, I recommend my very creamy cheesecake with lotus biscuits with caramel and cinnamon (photo below) or delicate no-bake cheesecake with white chocolate and blueberries (photo below).