I invite you to try the delicious cake with a heart full of grated apples and semi-shortcrust pastry. Semi-shortcrust pastry is a little softer than traditional shortcrust pastry and is baked with the addition of yogurt and baking powder for this reason it is less crumbly but thicker, softer and delicious. The apple pie itself is extremely aromatic, moist, sweet and with a light cinnamon aftertaste. Served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream it is simply fabulous.
Cake with aromatic heart with grated apples
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 150 g soft butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 180 g white sugar
- 1,5 kg apples
- 2-3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- powdered sugar to taste
Instructions cake with aromatic heart with grated apples
- Place flour, butter, salt and baking powder in a food processor fitted with blades and blend everything. Otherwise, use your fingertips to incorporate the ingredients into the butter and create a sand-like mixture. Add the yogurt and mix roughly.
- In a second bowl, break two medium eggs and add 180 g of sugar. Whip everything together at high speed for a few minutes. The eggs and sugar should turn into a light, clear foam.
- Add the contents of two bowls and knead the dough, first with a spoon and then by hand, until it becomes smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Peel your apples and grate them on a grater with large holes, working around the core. Add sugar and then set aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze between your hands or through a cotton cloth to remove excess juice. Add the spices and starch and mix again.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Preparing and baking the cake
- Take the dough from the refrigerator and divide it in two. Roll out evenly with a rolling pin to the size of your baking tray. Roll out the dough through two sheets of baking paper or use some flour to make the dough less sticky.
- Line a 40×30 cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper. Place the first rectangle of semi-shortcrust pastry on top. Add the apples and spread them evenly.
- Roll out the second piece of dough in the same way and use it to cover the apples.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180° for approximately 40 minutes. Once ready, remove from the oven and let cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.
Store in the refrigerator or at room temperature in a cool place.
lot of love. B.