Passatelli with broth is a traditional dish from Italy. This kind of “pasta” like noodles is created by combining eggs, nutmeg, bread, grated cheese and lemon zest. You can cut them by hand or create by passing through potato masher. They’re a perfect match for meat or vegetable broth. A recipe with a surprising taste, easy of making and with genuine ingredients.
Passatelli with broth – Italian fresh pasta with lemon
- 80 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 tbsp flour
- 0.5 lemon only the zest
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 l or less vegetable broth
Instructions: Passatelli with broth – Italian fresh pasta with lemon
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon zest, whole eggs, flour and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper and knead well with your hands until you have a smooth mixture. It should be firm but not too hard. If necessary, adjust with few tablespoons of broth or breadcrumbs.
- Bring broth to a gentle boil. Divide the dough into smaller pieces. Using the potato masher with large holes drop passatelli directly in broth. In case you do not have a potato masher you can make long strips of dough by hand and cut them vertically creating small pieces of passatelli.
- Continue until you have used all of the dough. When passatelli comes to the surface turn off the heat. Let it rest for a few minutes and serve with the hot broth.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another very traditional Italian recipe check my Tagliolini with milk.