The avocado and cucumber salad is a super light and it is a perfect recipe if you want to make a refreshing and delicious side dish on hot summer days. It is a salad that is not only light and healthy but simple to prepare and easily changeable according to your preferences. The avocado and cucumber are garnished with a very simple sauce made with lemon juice and different spices which makes it slightly tart and flavorful. Excellent as a side dish for grilled fish.
Avocado and cucumber salad
- 1 big cucumber
- 2 small or 1 big ripe avocado
- 1½-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp powdered garlic or 1 small smashed garlic clove
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
Instructions avocado and cucumber salad
- In a bowl or cup mix lemon juice with olive oil. Add chopped or powdered garlic and finely chopped fresh parsley. Also add salt, oregano and dried thyme. If you use fresh spices, adjust the flavor according to your preferences. Mix well to dissolve the salt.
- Peel the cucumber and avocado. Remove the seed from the avocado and divide your vegetables into not too large pieces. Add the prepared sauce and mix gently to coat the vegetables. I recommend placing the salad in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes to let the flavours blend, then serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
If you like some spice on your salads you can add some chilli flakes for garnish. Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.