These ricotta and cinnamon apple muffins are quick and easy to prepare, soft, delicate and fragrant. They are perfect for a simple snack or sweet breakfast. I covered them with many apple pieces covered with a layer of cane sugar and cinnamon. While baking these apples create delicious scent of a homemade dessert. It is a perfect recipe when we have ricotta cheese in our fridge that is about to expire as its delicate flavor goes perfectly with vanilla and juicy and fragrant apples.
Ricotta and cinnamon apple muffins
- 125 g ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 80 g sugar
- 30 g soft butter
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 8 g baking powder (1 and a half teaspoons)
- 1,5 apples
- 0,5 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
Instructions ricotta and cinnamon apple muffins
- In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon of cane sugar with half a teaspoon of cinnamon. Peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into small pieces. Put in the bowl with the sugar and stir gently to cover them completely. Set aside.
- For this recipe all the ingredients must be at room temperature. This also means ricotta.
- Divide the whites from the yolks into two different bowls. Whip the whites until stiff and set aside.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and whip with the mixer. Now add soft butter and whip until all the ingredients are blended.
- Add ricotta cheese and vanilla extract. Ricotta does not need to be drained. Mix again to blend the ingredients.
- Now add whipped egg whites and incorporate them gently. Make the movements from bottom to top using a spoon or a silicone spatula to incorporate the whites without deflating them.
- Sift all-purpose flour with baking powder. Mix dry and wet ingredients with a spoon or whisk until the batter is without visible traces of flour.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Soft muffins with apples – baking time
- Place the paper liners in the muffin mold and fill them up to 3/4 in hight with the prepared batter.
- Arrange the apples (without leftover juice) over the top and press slightly to make them stick.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 175 ° C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, gently move out of the pan and allow to cool completely. If you like, dust with powdered sugar for an extra dose of sweetness. Tkeep at room temperature covered with a cotton cloth.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like recipes for easy muffins and cupcakes check out my Chocolate cupcakes with mascarpone and cocoa frosting (photo below).