This soft cake with peaches and apricots is perfectly summery as it is delicate and full of seasonal fruit pieces. The batter is without butter. I use vegetable oil which is enriched with kefir which makes the cake light and delicious. The diced fruit does not fall to the bottom of the pan, but fills the whole cake perfectly. Furthermore, the cake is covered with granulated sugar which melts during baking and creates a thin, sweet and slightly crunchy layer. This layer of sugar allows you not to have to cover the cake with powdered sugar, which in addition to the fact that it disappears with the humidity of the fruit, is also not very aesthetic if you have to give your cake to relatives, friends or bring it for outdoor parties.
Soft summer cake with peaches, apricots and kefir
- 320 g all-purpose flour
- 190 g white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 110 ml vegetable oil such as sunflower, corn or mixed seeds
- 2 eggs medium eggs at room temperature
- 200 ml plain kefir
- 1 lemon organic (onlu the zest)
- 240 g of mixed fruit between apricots and peaches (weight without pit and skin)
- 200 g of mixed fruit between apricots and peaches (weight without pit and skin)
- 2-3 tbsp white sugar
Instructions soft summer cake with peaches, apricots and kefir
- In a bowl mix oil with kefir, grated lemon zest and eggs.
- In a second bowl, sift flour with sugar, a pinch of salt and baking powder. Add diced peaches and apricots and mix well to coat everything with the flour.
- Combine the ingredients of the two bowls and stir briefly.
- Pour the batter into the rectangular pan (22×22 cm) covered with a layer of baking paper or you can grease it and dust with some flour. At this point add another 200 g of diced fruit and sprinkle everything with 2-3 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 180°C for about 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at room temperature, possibly covered.
lot of love. B.