The union between coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice gives spicy mussels dish an intense but velvety flavor. A must try for those who do not fear the flavors of Asian origin.
Spicy mussels with coconut milk
- 500 g clean mussels
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 0.5 cup coconut milk
- 200 g champignon mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chives
- 5 pieces of ginger 1 cm each
- 1 tbsp or more lime juice
- 1 tbsp or more fish sauce
- 1 tbsp or more brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 handful of parsley
Instructions: Spicy mussels with coconut milk
- Clean the mussels by removing the beard and fouling, discard mussels with broken shells and rinse well in cold water.
- In a large saucepan heat the broth and coconut milk. Add sliced mushrooms, chives and ginger and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chili and taste. The perfect flavor is very personal. I have added more lime juice and fish sauce and less sugar because I prefer these types of flavors, but as I said the perfect balance is very personal.
- Pour in the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes until the mussels are opened.
Discard the shells that did not open, add parsley and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another super easy and flavourful recipe with mussels check my Belgian mussels with beer. (foto below)