Spicy red bean spread is a vegan idea for quick lunch or appetizer. Try it on a piece of fresh bread or Italian bruchetta. Easy, fast, slightly spicy, this spread is rich in vegetable protein and fibers and equally rich in flavor.
Spicy red bean spread
- 1 can of red beans
- 2 tbsp or more extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- 1 pinch or more chili powder or cayenne pepper
- green olives for garnish optional
- chili flakes for garnish optional
Instructions: Spicy red bean spread
- In a mixer bowl place beans (previously drained and rinsed), salt, chili pepper, paprika, oregano and olive oil.
- Blend everything until it becomes creamy and smooth. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil (or water) if the spread is too thick and blend again. Spread on bread and serve with sliced green olives and red pepper flakes.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another easy recipe with beans try my One pot quinoa and beans stew. (foto below)