This vegetable broth is deeply flavorful and fragrant thanks to parmesan cheese, aromatic herbs and fresh vegetables. It is a perfect basic recipe for different types of pasta or tortellini. It is very fragrant but at the same time delicate enough to serve as a base for velvety soups, such as cream of pumpkin, or risotto.
Parmesan vegetable broth – basic recipe for tortellini, pasta and risotto
- 100 g of parmesan with rinds
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 big potato
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 big carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp salt
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-3 black pepper or juniper berries
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 litres water
Instructions parmesan vegetable broth
- Clean the vegetables. Peel the carrot, trim it and cut it into chunks. Remove the final part of the celery stalk and the leaves, then divide into 2 or 3 parts. Peel the onion and cut it in half. Trim the zucchini and cut it in half too. Peel the potato and divide it into 2 or 3 parts.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large pot. Now add 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, pepper or juniper berries, rosemary and bay leaves. Pour 2 liters of cold water and add the salt.
- Finally, clean the cheese rinds by scraping the outside well with a sharp knife. Add the cheese to the pan and turn on the heat. Bring to the boil, then lower the flame and cook over a low heat for approximately two hours. At the end of cooking, adjust with more salt if necessary and filter to collect the vegetables and aromatic herbs and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 5 days.
lot of love. B.