Tagliolini with milk is a traditional Italian pasta dish of ancient tradition and it was suggested to me by my mother-in-law. The recipe has its origins in south Italy. This pasta is cooked with sugar (or honey) in milk with the addition of cinnamon. Poor in ingredients but very tasty, simple and delicious, homemade pasta dish.
Tagliolini with milk
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 300 ml or more milk
- 1 pinch or more cinnamon
- 0.5 tbsp sugar or honey
Instructions: Tagliolini with milk
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the egg.
- Knead the ingredients with your hands until the dough is smooth and elastic for about 10 minutes. Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin until you have a very thin layer (a few millimeters). Sprinkle with flour and let rest for a few minutes.
- Roll the dough tightly.
- Cut the roll with sharp knife into strips 2 – 5 mm wide. Unroll and place on a floured surface.
- Cook the tagliolini pasta directly in boiling milk with the addition of sugar and cinnamon for about 4 minutes. Add more warm milk while cooking if necessary. Cook the pasta al dente and serve hot with a spoonful of remaining cooked milk.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another Italian recipe with few ingredients check Simple ricotta cake.