This simple ricotta cake is easy to prepare cake with very few ingredients. No eggs and butter needed. The cake’s texture is thick but still quite soft and the cinnamon brown sugar topping gives an extra crunch. It is a “hard times” recipe. The recipe has been slightly modified compared to “Sale e pepe” magazine.
Simple ricotta cake
- 250 g soft ricotta cheese
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Instructions: Simple ricotta cake
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Mix all ingredients and knead until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Transfer the dough onto a small (17 – 18 cm) round baking tray, lined with baking parchment. Press gently with your hands.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 40 minutes. Take off the foil and leave the cake in the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes. Best served cold with fresh strawberries or some jam.
lot of love. B.
p.s. if you are looking for another recipe with few ingredients check my recipe for traditional Italian pasta: Tagliolini with milk.