Inspired by the famous American dessert Banana Split, this porridge with fruit and chocolate is a delicious but also a sweet healthy breakfast. The oat flakes cooked until they become creamy are served in a banana boat and decorated with blueberries, raspberries, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate cream. You can vary this delicious breakfast by changing the types of milk used for cooking (try the one with the vegetable coconut drink), fruit and using other delicious toppings.
Banana Split Porridge
- 100 g oatmeal
- 450 – 500 ml milk or vegetable drink (I used vegetable "milk" with coconut flavor)
- sugar or honey or maple syrup to taste
- 2 bananas
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- fresh or frozen raspberries
- chopped hazelnuts
- spreadable cream with hazelnut or Nutella
Instructions Banana Split Porridge
- Pour the oatmeal into a saucepan and cover with the milk or vegetable drink of your preference. Turn on the low flame. Cook, stirring occasionally and adjusting with more liquid if necessary, until your porridge has a creamy consistency. Cooking times depend on the brand of rolled oats used.
- Taste your porridge and add sweetener to taste. Since this oatmeal is full of fruit and chocolate cream I preferred not to sweeten my oats.
- Set aside and let cool down a little.
- Cut two bananas in half lengthwise and arrange them on an oval or boat-shaped plate. Divide your creamy porridge between the two portions. Then decorate with the chocolate spread and the chopped hazelnuts. Finally, garnish the banana split with fresh fruit and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Eat within a day.
lot of love. B.