Today’s recipe is a hot breakfast recipe: apple and caramel porridge. A healthy autumn recipe but which is also super sweet and delicious. Oat flakes are cooked in milk until they become soft, warm and thick and then they are garnished with pan-seared apples. I like to spoil myself so I added a super simple and quick sauce prepared with soft caramel candies. A simple and delicious autumn breakfast.
Apple and caramel porridge
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup or more of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of raw cane sugar or other type of sweetener
- half an apple
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 soft caramel candies
Instrucions apple and caramel porridge
- Pour the rolled oats into a pot. Add milk and half a teaspoon of butter and the raw cane sugar or another type of sweetener.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes stirring often or until it reaches the desired consistency (I like my porridge more thick and less dissolved). If the porridge dries too quickly, add more milk or water.
- Meanwhile, peel the apple. Cut it into thin wedges and place in a thick bottom pan with a tablespoon of water. Cover with the lid and turno on the flame. Cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until the apples become slightly soft but still remain crunchy inside.
- For the quick caramel sauce, pour water, milk, a knob of butter and the soft caramel candies in a saucepan. Turn on the flame and make them dissolve over low heat.
- As soon as the porridge is ready, pour it into a bowl, garnish with apples and the still warm sauce and serve.
lot of love. B.