The overnight oats is a super easy way to prepare a simple yet healthy breakfast. Just cover your rolled oats with hot or cold liquid and store them in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning you just have to warm them up for a couple of minutes and you have a easy, simple and amazing meal to begin your day.
How to make overnight oats – basic recipe
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 generous cup regular milk or vegan milk or water
- fresh seasonal fruit
- dessicated fruit or mixed seeds
- honey or maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
Instructions overnight oats
- Pour the rolled oats into a bowl. At this point you have different liquid options available. You can use cow’s or goat’s milk, lactose-free milk or vegan milk (I love my porridge with unsweetened almond milk) or simply with water. You can also choose whether to use hot or cold liquid. Personally I choose the hot version because the porridge becomes slightly creamier.
- Place the container in the fridge (if you use hot liquid you have to wait for it to become lukewarm) for all night long. The oatmeal will absorb the liquid and become soft and puffed.
- The next morning just heat the overnight oats for a couple of minutes (in summer you can also have them cold for breakfast) and finally add some toppings to taste like fresh seasonal fruit, various kind of seeds, honey or other type of sweetener if you choose to prepare a vegan version.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking another cool recipe for breakfast chec my Golden latte (foto below).