This no-knead delicious pumpkin focaccia with mixed seeds is my latest autumn recipe for you. The no-knead method allows you to create a delicious homemade Italian focaccia with very little effort. The delicate flavor of the pumpkin is perfectly combined with sesame, chia, flax, sesame, hemp or sunflower seeds. Unfortunately I realized too late that I had finished the pumpkin seeds that would be more than perfect for this tasty focaccia. As soon as I will buy them again, I think I’ll do it again because it’s definitely worth it. Instead if you are looking for a recipe for a soft and red focaccia I recommend my Beetroot focaccia.
No-knead pumpkin focaccia bread
- 370 g pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon barley malt or honey
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 390 g bread flour
- 240 ml of water
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- oil + water + salt for the top
Instructions no-knead pumpkin focaccia bread
- Cook the pumpkin following your preferred method. This time I steamed my pumpkin and then I blend it until I get a puree.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree with malt (or honey), salt, 25 ml of olive oil and 240 ml of water. Add flour and active dry yeast. Stir quickly just to mix all the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap or a cotton cloth and let rise at room temperature for at least 8 hours.
- The next morning the dough should be puffed and soft. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place the mixture over it. Grease your hands with olive oil and using your fingertips, spread the dough all over the pan.
- Add your favorite type od seeds. I used flaxseed, chia, hemp, sesame and sunflower seeds but other types of seeds are fine too. You can also not use them at all.
- Let it rise for another hour or two (depending on the temperature in your home). Before baking, mix in equal proportions water with olive oil and brush or sprinkle your no-knead focaccia.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 220 °C for 15 minutes. After this time, take it out of the oven and let it cool down completely before serving.
This focaccia remains soft and fresh if covered with a cotton cloth and stored in a cool, dry place for 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you tried any of my recipes please leave a comment down below or follow me on my social network. It would really help me out ^_^.