These mini croissants made with store bought puff pastry, apples and cinnamon are the simplest and fastest croissants you can prepare. They are ready in half an hour and require neither rising times nor kneading but only the premade round puff pastry and a couple of simple ingredients. They are small mouth-watering snacks with puff pastry wrapped around a piece of apple and with a mix of sugar and cinnamon that becomes a sweet and slightly sticky caramel. Perfect both hot and cold.
Easy puff pastry croissants with apples and cinnamon
- 1 round puff pastry (230 g)
- 2 apples
- 1-1½ tbsp white sugar
- 1-1½ tbsp cane sugar
- ½-1 tsp cinnamon
- walnuts or dry cranberries to taste (optional)
Instructions easy puff pastry croissants with apples and cinnamon
- Unroll the store bought puff pastry on a flat surface. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the pastry into 16 similar pieces passing through the center of the circle to create wedges. Mix white sugar with brown sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle over the pastry. Peel the apples, remove the core and divide into 16 wedges. Place each wedge near the edge of the pastry and if you like, add a few pieces of walnuts or almonds or dried fruit.
- Roll each slice of apple with the pastry in a similar way to how croissants are created and place each piece on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake your mini croissants for 20 – 22 minutes in the static oven preheated to 200 ° C. Once baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at room temperature and consume quickly as the puff pastry loses its fragility with the time passing.
lot of love. B.
p.s. Instead, if you are looking for simple leavened croissants I recommend my Semisweet homemade breakfast brioche (photo below).