If you’re looking for an easy recipe for homemade buns that uses small amount of yeast, these no-knead buns are perfect for you. It is a very simple recipe for those who are new to bread-making techniques and do not own a mixer with a bread hook. These buns use the no-knead method which guarantees bread with a slightly crunchy crust but which remain soft inside. They are tasty buns that are perfect for buffets or family celebrations or simply to be stuffed for a snack to take to school or to take to work.
Easy no-knead buns
- 500 g bread flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 400 ml water
- ½ tsp honey or sugar
Instructions no-knead buns
- The previous evening take a large bowl, add flour and salt and mix.
- Now add half a teaspoon of active dry yeast, half a teaspoon of honey or sugar and 400 ml of water at room temperature. Stir quickly just to mix all the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap or a cotton cloth and let rise at room temperature for at least 8 hours (10 hours for me).
- The next morning the dough should be puffed, spongy and full of bubbles.
- Deflate the dough and transfer it to a floured surface, then divide into 8 portions.
- The dough could be rather sticky so help yourself with floured hands. Gently flatten each piece using your fingertips.
- Close each bun by pulling the flaps towards the center and sealing it well.
- Turn over and with floured hands give a little tension to each bun by creating a ball of dough. Place 4 rolls on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and continue in the same way with 4 other rolls.
- Let rise in a warm place covered with the cotton cloth for another hour or until they puff.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Keep covered with a cotton cloth or in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe for simple homemade buns check my homemade Easy soft olive oil rolls (photo below). Instead, if you are looking for another idea with no-knead dough, I recommend my No-knead bread with green olives (photo below).