Sweet peppers stuffed with tuna and ricotta and baked with a crunchy topping are a delicious appetizer to be served both hot and cold. The creamy filling with tuna and cheese is delicate but very flavourful at the same time. The breadcrumb topping is crunchy and simple and goes perfectly with the strong flavor of sweet peppers. Serve them still steaming or once cold with your favourite sauce as delicious finger food.
Sweet peppers stuffed with tuna and ricotta
- 23 (about) sweet peppers
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 3 cans of tuna 80 g each
- 1 medium egg
- 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salto to taste
- ½ lemon (only the zest)
- breadcrums for the topping
Instructions sweet peppers stuffed with tuna and ricotta
- In a small bowl mix ricotta with egg, grated parmesan, salt and lemon zest. If you don't like pairing tuna with lemon you can replace it with your favorite spices or chopped parsley.
- Add drained tuna and mix vigorously until you have a smooth cream. Add 2-3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, mix again and set aside.
- Cut the sweet peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the hard internal part, the seeds and any veins and the stalk part. Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Fill each chilli with the prepared filling using a teaspoon. Once they are filled, pour a little breadcrumbs onto a small saucer and press each pepper on top of it to make it adhere to the ricotta cream.
- Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper with the gratin facing upwards and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 – 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add some chopped parsley for decoration and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Eat within a day and store in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.