Baked stuffed Italian green peppers (friggitelli) are a delicious vegetarian appetizer thanks to the flavourful creamy filling. These small green peppers are stuffed with a mix of cream cheese, pecorino, capers, dried tomatoes and breadcrumbs to become slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The flavor of the peppers is intense and goes perfectly with the filling. It’s a quick and easy recipe that you can use to prepare a delicious hot appetizer or to serve them as a rich side dish.
Stuffed Italian green peppers with creamy filling
- 8 green peppers (Italian friggitelli or other type of mild flavour peppers)
- 160 g cream cheese
- 10 g salted capers
- 40 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 20 g grated pecorino cheese
- 30 g bread crumbs
- bread crums for the toping
- chopped parsley (optional)
Instructions stuffed Italian green peppers with creamy filling
- In a bowl mix cream cheese with the grated pecorino cheese and breadcrumbs. Rinse the capers and drain the dried tomatoes from their oil. Chop both and add them to the cheese and mix well.
- Cut the green peppers lengthwise. Remove the internal hard part, the seeds and any stems. Place on a tray covered with baking paper. Fill each shell with the prepared filling by pressing it gently with your fingers inside the pepper.
- Cover each pepper with more breadcrumbs and place in the preheated oven at 180 – 190 °C for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours heated in the oven or in a pan.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like simple vegetarian recipes check my Parmesan roasted green beans (photo below) or Sauteed potatoes with green peppers (Italian friggitelli) (photo below).