Baked apricots with honey is a quick, super easy and absolutely delicious summer dessert. Few ingredients and lot of bold flavor in just 15 minutes. It is a fresh, light and very simple summer recipe that really guarantees an excellent result. You can serve your still warm apricots with custard, vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream if you like a mix of cocoa and fruit. If you want you can use them to garnish pies, slices of cake or crepes and pancakes. Let your imagination take you away.
Honey baked apricots – easy summer dessert
- 8 apricots
- 3 – 4 tbsp of liquid honey
- sliced almonds
- chopped pistachios
- cinnamon ginger powder (optional)
- raspberries mint leaves for decoration (optional)
Instructions baked apricots with honey – easy summer dessert
- Wash and pat dry the fruit. Lightly butter the bottom of a round pan. Use the glass dish or a porcelain pan. Place on top 8 apricots with the skin. Cut them in half and take out the stone. Remember to lay them face up.
- Add the sliced almonds or a some chopped pistachio. If you don’t have one or the other, a few oat flakes, muesli or a homemade crumble with butter, flour and sugar are just fine.
- If you prefer the slightly spicy flavor, add a pinch of cinnamon or powdered ginger.
- Then cover all the ingredients with liquid honey. I recommend a honey with a delicate flavor such as acacia or mixed flowers.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 200 ° C for 12 – 15 minutes. The fruit should become soft and the almonds lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and wait a few minutes before serving. Serve together with the custard or ice cream. You can also add raspberries, pieces of peaches or other types of fruit and serve with yogurt, garnish a slice of cake or tart. You can even serve them only with some brown sugar or powdered sugar for an extra dose of sweetness.
Store in the fridge and consume within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for an idea to use these apricots you could try to accompany them with The best soft cherry muffins (photo below).