Today I have prepared for you this soft and delicious poppy seed brioche with tangerine marmalade. The dough I used is my already tested recipe for soft mascarpone dough which makes it delicate and with a slight milk aftertaste. Poppy seeds add a delicious crunchiness and a particular flavor. These small brioches are perfect for breakfast or a snack. I used a very simple two strip braid and filled it with a fabulous tangerine and turmeric marmalade. You can stuff them with your favorite jam or with chocolate spread.
Poppy seed brioche with tangerine marmalade
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g white sugar
- 70 g mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 20 g butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160 ml milk
- 3 g active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of barley malt or honey
- 1 generous spoonful of poppy seeds
- tangerine marmalade
- milk for brushing
Instructions poppy seed brioche
- For this recipe I used mandarin and turmericmarmalade from Agrisicilia.
- In a saucepan heat the milk with the butter until it is completely melted. Let it cool down, then add malt (or honey) and active dry yeast. Wait about 10 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- For this recipe I used 3 g of dry yeast. Having low temperatures at home (18 °C) the dough grown slowly. If you have low temperatures in your home and you are in a hurry, I suggest increasing the yeast by one gram. Just remember that with a little yeast the brioche stays fresh for a longer period of time.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, mascarpone, pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Start working the dough and slowly pour the warm milk with yeast. Knead the dough by hand or with the mixer with a hook for 10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Move to a lightly greased bowl and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles the volume. (3 and a half hours for me).
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
How to make two stripe braid
- After this time, deflate the dough and spread it out using your fingertips or rolling pin until you have a rectangle. Divide it into 8 small rectangles. Leaving empty the central space for the marmalade stuffing create strips to the right and to the left of the rectangle (as in the photo) then place a teaspoon (or more) of marmalade in the center.
- Overlay the dough strips taking one from the right then one from the left. Continue in this way until you can close the brioche.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with a baking paper and let rise in a warm place for another hour (or more). Brush with some milk and bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 20 – 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool down before serving.
lot of love. B.
If you enjoyed this stuffed brioche you may also like: Blueberry ricotta stuffed brioche rolls