The most fantastic, easy, moist, rich and decadent, dark chocolate banana muffins. Not too sweet yet super luscious.
Moist and decadent dark chocolate banana muffins
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 generous tsp baking soda
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 270 g ripe bananas
- 30 g white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 60 ml vegetable oil I used sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g dark chocolate 70%
- 40 g dark chocolate 70% (for the topping)
Instructions: Moist and decadent dark chocolate banana muffins
- Mix sifted flour, baking soda, dark cocoa powder and salt.
- In the second bowl mash very ripe bananas with a fork.
- Add egg, sugar, oil, vanilla extract and stir.
- Combine ingredients of two bowls and stir. Add 60 grams of chopped dark chocolate and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Put the paper liners in the muffin pan and fill them up to 3/4 in height with prepared batter. Divide the rest of chopped chocolate between your muffins.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 175 °C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Remove the pan from the oven, gently take them out of the pan and let them cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love banana flavour in your cakes and desserts maybe you should also check my Perfect banana bundt cake with tahini glaze.