Dark chocolate and orange shortbread cookies are easy and delicious Christmas cookies that fill your home with an irresistible scent. They are semi-hard chocolate and honey cookies with a deep and intense flavor and aroma of dark chocolate mixed with orange. Every time I open their box I was overwhelmed with their strong scent. They can be eaten with a nice cup of coffee that enhances their flavor or decorated with icing or melted chocolate.
Dark chocolate and orange Christmas cookies
- 170 g cookie flour
- 20 g of dark cocoa powder
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 1 small pinch of baking powder
- 100 g of butter at room temperature
- 1 medium egg
- 80 g of honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 orange (zest)
Instructions dark chocolate and orange Christmas cookies – the shortcrust pastry
- Heat the honey in a small panl until it becomes liquid. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Place flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and butter in a robot equipped with blades and blend until you get a sand-like mixture. Otherwise, crumble the butter with your fingertips or a fork into the flour mix.
- Add egg, honey and vanilla and orange zest. Work briefly until all the ingredients are well blended. Wrap in a plastic wrap or place in a tight container with a lid. Place the pastry in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Instructions dark orange shortbread biscuits – cooking
- After the resting time lightly flour a work surface and roll out half of the dough. Put the other half back in the fridge. Roll out the dough to a height of 2 – 5 mm. Using the cookie cutter, cut out the desired shapes and place them on a baking pan covered with baking paper. Work the remaining dough briefly and let it rest it in the fridge while you use the other part. Proceed in this way until you have used all the dough.
- Bake your cookies in preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely.
These cookies, like most cookies with honey, become tastierafter few days so I recommend easting them, at least, the next day after baking. Store in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for Christmas cookies more suitable for children, I recommend my Traditional honey and ginger cookies for Santa (photo below).