This simple recipe for walnuts and honey steamed stuffed apples is perfect idea for breakfast or for a hot and tasty dessert. It is a healthy yet delicious dessert. The apples becomes soft and to be scooped out by using a spoon while enjoing sweet and spicy filling. If you want to make it more sinful just drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top 😉
Light and healthy dessert – steamed stuffed apples
- 2 apples
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 walnuts
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 10 raisins or dried cranberries
- lemon zest or freshly grated ginger to taste
- lemon juice to taste
Instructions: Light and healthy dessert – steamed stuffed apples
- Clean the apples and make a horizontal cut at the top part of each apple to create a “lid”. Use an ice cream spoon or a regular spoon to eliminate the core and create a cavity in the center of the apple.
- Place in each cavity some shelled walnuts, raisins and grated lemon zest (or freshly grated ginger). Sprinkle each apple with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and add a teaspoon of honey. Close your apples with the part that you have cut before. Place the fruit in a heatproof bowl and place in the steamer or use the alternative steaming cooking method. Steam for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Open the steamer and gently take out the fruit. Remove the top lid and sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice. Serve hot.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love super easy desserts with apples maybe you should also try my Puff pastry apple and pear pie.