Today with this whipped cream molly cake I would like to welcome you to my new section dedicated to basic baking and pastry recipes. This type of cake is a very soft and easy to prepare sponge cake that use whipped cream in the batter. The idea comes from the brilliant mind of a famous cake designer Eleonora Coppini.
Soft and delicate, this cake is almost entirely flat and does not crumble. It is perfect to be stuffed and decorated with different types of creams or to be coated with fondant. I have been using it for a long time for my stuffed cakes such as Molly cake with berries and white chocolate and yogurt cream. If you are looking for a soft cake that is easy to prepare and it is made without butter and without oil, and that you can use as a base for a birthday cake, in my opinion it is just perfect for you.
Molly cake – whipped cream sponge cake
- 250 g of all-purpose flour
- 250 g of white sugar
- 250 g of cold whipping cream
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 8 g of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (only the zest)
Instructions molly cake – whipped cream sponge cake
- To prepare this Molly cake I used a 22 cm wide pan. If you intend to prepare larger cakes, you will need to increase the doses of the ingredients. Grease and lightly flour the ring of the pan. Cut out a circle of baking paper and cover the bottom.
- Firts beat the eggs with the sugar for 15 minutes until they become very light and froathy.
- Secondly add sifted flour and baking powder. Unite grated lemon peel and vanilla extract. Whisk everything briefly with the mixer. In the second bowl whip the cream. Finally gently incorporate it into the batter with delicate movements from bottom to top.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, level and beat gently on the counter to eliminate air bubbles. Bake in a preheated static oven at 160 – 170 ° C for about 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Take the cake from the pan and turn it upside down turn it upside down to lower any bump in the surface. Then let it cool down completely.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you tried any of my recipes please leave a comment down below or follow me on my social network. It would really help me out ^_^.