Super yummy, super fast and easy to prepare and super healthy homemade energy bars with puffed barley, honey, freshly made peanut butter, raisins, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
Peanut butter energy bars
- 130 g peanuts
- 100 g or more honey
- 100 g puffed barley me Cuoredi puffed honey barley
- 60 g almonds
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g raisins
Instructions: Peanut butter energy bars
- For this recipe I used organic puffed barley with honey from CUOREdi. As with all of their products the package was sealed perfectly and the puffed barley was crispy and fresh.
- Roast the peanuts for a couple of minutes in a dry frying pan. Be careful not to burn them. Move the hot peanuts into the blender jug and blend for about 5 minutes or until the peanuts release oil and become creamy and spreadable.
- Place puffed barley, pumpkin seeds, raisins and chopped almonds in a bowl.
- Whisk honey and freshly made peanut butter in a small pan. Bring to a boil (be careful, the mixture burns easily) and pour it over the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well. Line rectangular baking tray with baking paper and place the mixture over it. Cover with the second sheet of baking paper and using your hands make it flat and even.
- Cool down completely and using a sharp knife cut into the desired shapes.
Store in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a delicious snack with honey check my Creamed honey recipe– how to use crystallized honey. (foto below)