Sweet and spicy homemade pineapple chilli sauce
This sweet and spicy chilli sauce is perfect with many Asian dishes such as tempura or spring rolls but also goes very well with cheese, stuffed focaccia, sandwiches and oven baked fish.
Sweet and spicy homemade pineapple chilli sauce. With pineapple juice and hot chilli flakes.
- 500 ml fresh pineapple juice (or store bought pineapple juice, in this case decrease the sugar)
- 240 ml apple cider vinegar
- 150 g sugar
- 2 big garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (or more, or less, depends how strong you want your sauce) chilli pepper flakes
- 240 ml water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Sweet and spicy homemade pineapple chilli sauce
Place all ingredients except water and cornstarch in a pot. Stir, turn on the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 30 – 40 minutes.
Dissolve the cornstarch in a cup of cold water. Pour the mixture into the sauce and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
Turn off the heat, allow to cool slightly and cover the sauce with plastic wrap so that it sticks to the sauce. Let it cool completely, discard the plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love homemade delicious sauces with bold flavours maybe you should also check my Yogurt and mint falafel sauce.