If you are looking for a soft cake but at the same time with an intense chocolate and peanut butter flavour, this is a cake for you. The base of this cake is my tried and tested boiling water cake, which is not only butter-free but it maintains a strong chocolate flavor while remaining soft and moist. This cake is then filled with a simple cream with peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. The cream, even if it only has 3 ingredients, remains easily spreadable and delicious. Everything is covered with a creamy dark chocolate ganache and decorated with crunchy toasted peanuts. A real delight.
Soft chocolate and peanut butter cake
Chocolate cake with boiling water
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g cane sugar
- 100 g white sugar
- 120 ml di latte
- 70 ml of sunflower seed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 120 ml boiling water
Crema agli arachidi
- 150 g cream cheese
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (generous)
Dark chocolate ganache
- 80 ml whipping cream
- 100 g dark chocolate
- unsalted peanuts for decoration
Soft chocolate and peanut butter cake instructions
- Sift flour, dark cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl. Add salt and two types of sugar and mix with a kitchen whisk.
- Add the egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract. Stir briefly with the whisk just to mix the ingredients.
- At this point add the boiling water and mix well with the whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved and there are no visible lumps of flour. The mixture will be quite liquid.
- Line the bottom of the 18cm round baking pan with a circle of baking paper. Spread the sides with some butter and dust with flour. I do not recommend using the springform pan as the batter is very liquid and could drip from the bottom.
- Bake the cake in the preheated static oven at 180°C for 50 min – 1 hour. Check the baking until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and wait 5 minutes. Flip the cake onto the kitchen rack so that it comes out of the pan and let it cool completely before slicing.
Cream Cheese and Peanut Butter cream Instructions
- In a bowl, vigorously mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and peanut butter until you have a smooth, lump-free cream.
- Divide the cake in half. Spread half of the cream over the first disc of cake. Cover with another disk and cover everything with the remaining cream.
- Prepare the ganache by heating the whipping cream in a small saucepan. Add chopped dark chocolate and stir until it melts completely. Sprinkle the cake with the prepared ganache.
- Decorate everything with some toasted peanuts. Allow the ganache to become firm at room temperature or in the refrigerator and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a few days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like simple cakes with chocolate, also check my soft chocolate and ricotta cake (photo below).