If you are looking for an easy, quick and delicious breakfast cake, I absolutely recommend this soft chocolate and ricotta cake. It is a perfect recipe to use leftover ricotta or simply to prepare when we want a simple and fluffy chocolate cake. You can serve it with a lot of powdered sugar or with chocolate ganache.
Soft chocolate and ricotta cake
- 250 g of ricotta cheese
- 170 g of all-purpose flour
- 30 g of dark cocoa powder
- 50 g of soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 180 g of white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 16 g of baking powder
Instructions soft chocolate and ricotta cake
- For this recipe I recommend having all the ingredients at room temperature. This also includes ricotta cheese.
- Divide the whites from the yolks into two different bowls. Whip the whites until stiff and set aside.
- Add sugar to egg yolks and whisk briefly with the mixer. Now add soft butter and whip until the three ingredients are well blended.
- Add the ricotta cheese and vanilla extract. Whip again to mix everything.
- Now add whipped whites and slowly incorporate them with movements from bottom to top using a spoon or a silicone spatula.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, a pinch of salt and the cocoa powder. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix with a whisk until the batter is smooth and without visible traces of flour.
- Line the bottom of a 20 cm round baking pan with a circle of parchment paper. Grease the rest of the pan with a some butter and dust it with flour. Add the prepared batter and gently make it flat with a spoon.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° for 50 – 55 minutes. To be sure, use the toothpick test to check if your cake is ready. If you use a larger pan, I recommend that you reduce the minutes required for baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning over and removing the cake from the pan. Let it cool completely before serving covered with plenty of powdered sugar.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other simple cake for breakfast, I recommend my Lemon olive oil bundt cake with cream cheese glaze and fruit (photo below) or Apple and chocolate pound cake (photo below).