Molly cake with Kinder chocolate cream
The recipe for this cake was born from the idea of creating a Kinder chocolate filling or decoration cream. I have already used that cream recipe several times, since a friend (La mia pasticceria moderna) taught me how to prepare it, but never in this version. I must admit that even though I’m not a big lover of this type of chocolate it is a killer recipe. The cream is velvety and sweet, a perfect union between chocolate and the delicate taste of mascarpone cheese.
For the cake I used one of my favorite bases for layered cakes that is Molly cake. This time I made a cocoa version to balance the sweetness of the cream. The cake is also stuffed and decorated with strawberries and whipping cream. It is a perfect cake for different occasions such as birthdays for children and adults, name days or just to enjoy with the family.
Molly cake with Kinder chococolate cream
Mascarpone and Kinder chocolate cream
- 230 g Kinder chocolate
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 g gelatin in leaves
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
Cocoa Molly cake
- 225 g all-purpose flour
- 25 g dark cocoa powder
- 225 g white sugar
- 250 g cold whipping cream
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 8 g baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Decoration and filling
- 300 g of cold whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 250 g strawberries for the filling
- 200 g of strawberries for the decoration
Instructions Kinder chocolate cream
- Prepare the Kinder chocolate cream the previous evening. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Melt Kinder chocolate over water bath and set aside.
- In the meantime bring the cream, mixed with milk and honey, to the boiling point. Turn of the heat. Add squeezed gelatin and stir to completely dissolve it. Pour hot mixture over stil hot melted chocolate in several different times, stirring well each time. Take the immersion blender and blend it for a couple of minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese and blend with the immersion blender until all the cheese is incorporated. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator until it becomes firm, for at least 6 hours, better overnight.
Instructions cocoa Molly cake
- To prepare the Molly cake I used a 20 cm wide and 10 cm high pan but you can use a lower one. If you intend to prepare larger cakes, you will need to increase the doses of the ingredients. Grease and lightly flour the wall of the pan. Cut out a circle from a baking paper and cover the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for 15 minutes until they become very light and foamy.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Mix everything briefly with the mixer. In the second bowl whip the cream and gently incorporate it into the cake with gentle movements from bottom to top.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in a preheated static oven at 160 ° C for about 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake is clean.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool down for 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and turn it over to lower the surface and let it cool down completely.
- Take your Kinder chocolate cream from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before you start decorating the cake to make it become more soft at room temperature.
- Slice 250 g of your strawberries. Whip cold whipping cream with about 4 teaspoons (or more) of white sugar and set aside.
- Cut cocoa Molly cake into 3 parts.
- Choose the plate you want to use. Place the first slice of molly cake and insert 4 strips of baking paper under the edges. In this way, once you have finished messing with the cream, you can simply pull the paper away leaving the plate clean.
- Spread the first part with some generous spoonfuls of whipping cream, add half of the sliced strawberries and add another layer of cream.
- Cover with a molly cake disk and repeat the process.
- At this point proceed to decorate the cake with Kinder chocolate cream by covering first the sides and finally the upper part. Flatten the surface of the cake and using a teaspoon create a outside pattern.
- Decorate the top of the cake with 200 g of strawberries cut into quarters and with a few mint leaves.
Store in the refrigerator.
lot of love, B.
P.S. If you love the union of chocolate and strawberries maybe I could tempt you with my Cream cheese chocolate cake with fresh strawberries recipe.