This delicious salad or vegetarian main dish – Buddha bowl with pearl barley – is made with green vegetables such as asparagus and Romanesco broccoli that have been grilled in the oven and fresh cherry tomatoes and radishes. All garnished with a simple yogurt sauce with lemon juice, garlic and chives. Healthy and nutritious.
Buddha Bowl with pearl barley and grilled asparagus
- 200 g pearl barley I used Bartolini brand
- 200 g romanesco broccoli
- 10 or more green asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 plain yogurt 125 ml
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tsp olive oil
Instructions: Buddha Bowl with pearl barley and grilled asparagus
- For this recipe I use pearl barley made by Bartolini.
- Cook pearl barley in salted water, following the instructions on the box, drain and set aside to cool down.
- Put cleaned green asparagus and romanesco broccoli florets in a bowl. Sprinkle everything with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to cover all the vegetable. Move to a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C until your vegetables become tender and slightly grilled (15 – 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool down.
- Prepare the sauce by blending chives with yogurt, lemon juice, small garlic clove, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Assemble your Buddha Bowl by dividing barley, asparagus and Romanesco broccoli into 2 bowls. Add diced cherry tomatoes and sliced radishes. Add previously prepared sauce and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love recipes with cooked barley you should also try my Fennel and radicchio barley salad.