Traditional Polish pickled cucumbers
These traditional Polish pickled cucumbers in brine are a short term fermented side dish that normally is prepered during summer period. Full of bold flavors and fragrant.
Polish cucumbers pickled in brine - traditional Polish preserve recipe
- 0.5 kg cucumbers* (see photo)
- 1 liter water
- 1 generous tbsp salt (regular mineral salt, you can't use sea salt)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dill seeds (or better 1 flower and some pieces of stem)
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
2 days waiting time.
Instructions: Traditional Polish pickled cucumbers
* For this recipe you need to look for cucumbers with protrusions over the skin, not the smooth ones.
Sterilize glass jars with boiling water. Rinse all cucumbers. For each jar you are going to use put 2 cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of dill seeds or even better a dill flower and some stems. Fill the jar with cucumbers as tightly as possible. Bring a liter of water to a boil and add a spoonful of salt (do not use sea salt! but mineral salt). Cool down the water and then use it to cover your cucumbers completely. In case the cucumbers come to the surface you have to weigh them with a cup or a plate to make them be completely immersed in brine. Do not close tightly the lid, they need air. After 2 days the cucumbers are ready. To be eaten within 3 to 4 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like interestinf traditional recipes full of bold flavours you should also check my Italian red hot chilli peppers spread.