Delicious white pizza with cherry tomatoes and zucchini, laid on a ricotta mixed with garlic and rosemary. A healthy and flavourful vegetarian pizza.
Pizza with rosemary and garlic ricotta, zucchini and cherry tomatoes
Ingredients for the crust
- 320 g all-purpose flour
- 7 g active dry yeast* see the notes to halve the yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 240 ml warm water
- durum flour or other type of flour for dusting
Ingredients for the topping
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves or less
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary + other for the garnish
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 20 or more cherry tomatoes
- grated pecorino cheese to taste
Instructions: Pizza with rosemary and garlic ricotta, zucchini and cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl pour the flour, sugar and dried yeast and stir. Add the oil, the warm water and salt and mix again.
- Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic, minimum 10 minutes. Put it in a bowl, cover with a cloth towel and let it to raise in a warm place for an hour or until it doubles the volume.
- Past that time, roll out the dough into the shape you desire and lay it on a baking tray dusted with some durum flour (or other type of flour). Cover with a cotton cloth and let rest for another 30 – 45 minutes.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- While the dough is rising heat the oven to 220°C. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of baking paper. Divide the cherry tomatoes in half, brush them with some olive oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until they begin to get blistered. Take them out from the oven and set aside.
The ricotta spread
- In a bowl mix the ricotta with the minced garlic and rosemary. Add salt, pepper, olive oil and mix again.
- Spread the ricotta over the dough. Add the cherry tomatoes, zucchini (previously cut into thin slices), a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and some grated pecorino cheese. Sprinkle with some salt and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes or until the edge of the pizza turns golden. Remove from the oven and wait a few minutes before cutting, then serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious recipe with zucchini check my Baked Ratatouille with bell pepper sauce.