Pasta with cod ragout is an easy, healthy and light first course pasta with fish. It is a dish rich in flavors and aromas and at the same time very nutritious. You can prepare this simple fish sauce using both fresh or frozen cod and combine it with long pasta such as spaghetti or linguine or short pasta such as fusilli or tortiglioni.
Pasta with cod ragout – healthy and light
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 anchovies in oil
- 400 g cod fillets
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ tbsp tomato paste (optional)
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- choped parsley leaves (optional)
- 300 g dry pasta
Instructions pasta with cod ragout
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into the large pan. Add onion, celery and carrot cut into very small cubes. Turn on the flame and cook over medium-low heat until the vegetables become tender.
- Now add chopped fresh basil and anchovies in oil.
- Mix then add the cod cut into cubes about 1 – 2 cm large. Raise the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine, cook for another two minutes over high heat, then add the tomato paste, tomato sauce and salt to taste. As soon as the ragout comes to a boil, lower the heat, cover with the lid leaving a small gap for the steam and cook for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally while the sauce becomes thicker, taste and adjust with more salt if necessary.
- Cook the pasta al dente in plenty of salted water following the instructions on the box. Drain, then cook together with the sauce for another minute and serve sprinkled with basil or chopped parsley.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other tasty recipes with pasta check my Pasta with roasted peppers cream and stracciatella (picture below) or Pasta with beans and mussels (picture below).