The latticed cucumber sandwich is a variation of the classic English appetizer. It is prepared with the addition of balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce into the cream cheese. This creates a delicious and flavorful spread that goes perfectly with fresh cucumbers. The latticed decoration made with thin slices of cucumber is easy to prepare, just follow my instructions below.
This recipe is:
- easy to prepare
- with few ingredients
- 2 slices of toast bread
- 4 tsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pinch or more pepper
- 0.5 tsp or more pink peppercorns
Instructions latticed cucumber sandwich
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and pepper if necessary (Worcestershire sauce is pretty salty for me). Spread the cream on bread slices. Garnish with thin slices of cucumber and serve, or proceed to create the decoration of latticed cucumbers.
- In order to create the decoration cut thin strips of cucumber using potato peeler. Cut each strip in half and line them (about 7) side by side on a flat surface such as cutting board.
- Fold the strips number 2, 4 and 6 in half. Lay a strip of cucumber horizontally along folded strips.
- Lower folded cucumbers and instead raise strips 1, 3, 5, 7.
- Place another piece of cucumber horizontally. Lower folded strips again.
- Repeat the process always alternating strips of cucumber and placing another horizontally up to build the lattice. Repeat the same procedure downwards.
- Gently put a slice of bread over cucumbers (the cream cheese spread facing the lattice). With a sharp knife cut off the crust and the cucumber pieces that are sticking out.
- Cut the sandwich into two triangles. Gently insert the knife under the decoration and bread and lift.
- Arrange on plate and serve garnished with a few grains of pink pepper corns.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe with cucucmbers check my Warm cucumber salad.