The cream cheese cookies are soft, delicate and super delicious thanks to the addition of Oreo cookie pieces both in the batter and in the decoration. Like all cookies with spreadable cream cheese in the batter, they are quick and easy to prepare and do not require resting time in the refrigerator. They are excellent to prepare quickly and to serve both for breakfast and as a snack. They are not only for lovers of the characteristic taste of Oreo cookies but also for those who love the combination of vanilla and cocoa.
Oreo cream cheesecake cookies
- 150 g spreadable cream cheese at room temperature
- 60 g room temperature butter
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (generous)
- 8 Oreo cookies for the batter
- 3 Oreo cookies for the decoration
Instructions Oreo cream cheesecake cookies
- Place cream cheese and soft butter in a bowl and mix with an electric whisk for a minute until well combined. Open 8 Oreo cookies and add their white filling together with the sugar and vanilla extract to the butter and cheese mix and mix again.
- Finally add the egg and mix again using the electric whisk. Now turn off the mixer and add sifted flour and baking powder. Mix gently. The batter will be dense and sticky. Now crumble the remaining Oreo pieces and add them to the mixture, then mix with a spoon until they are combined.
- Cover the baking tray with baking paper. Wet your hands lightly with water and create about 12 balls. Wet your hands whenever they become too sticky. Place the balls on the baking tray and flatten them slightly. Now take three more Oreo cookies and cut them into pieces which you will use to decorate the batter balls.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in a closed container at room temperature and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other variations of cream cheese cookies check my Soft chocolate cheesecake cookies (photo below) or Cheesecake cookies with blueberries and white chocolate (photo below).