If you are looking for an idea for an easy but cool looking puff pastry appetizer for Easter, I have just what you need! This puff pastry Easter egg is super easy to assemble and impresses with a delicious decoration of vegetables, olives, and cheeses. As you can see it is a simple savory tart that can be served as a hot or cold appetizer. It is a vegetarian lacto-type tart but if you are not a vegetarian you can add some cold cuts of your preference. You can easily prepare it hours before and serve it sliced during Easter brunch.
Puff pastry Easter egg tart – easy vegetarian appetizer idea
- 1 store bought round puff pastry (230 g)
- 200 g spreadeable cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- some fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- grated parmesan cheese
- yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- dark and light zucchini
- canned corn
- black olives in oil (or brine)
- sliced champignon mushrooms
Instructions puff pastry Easter egg tart
- Unroll your puff pastry on a sheet of baking paper. Using the rolling pin gently give it an oval shape similar to an egg by pulling it up and on the down on the sides. You can also cut out the right shape using a knife.
- In a bowl, mix the spreadable cheese with olive oil, salt and pepper and a crushed clove of garlic. Add chopped parsley, dried thyme and chopped basil and mix.Spread your cream on the puff pastry leaving a thin edge free of cream and then move the pastry on a baking sheet.
- Prepare your decoration using different types of fresh vegetables or legumes. You can add mushrooms, a layer of grated cheese (I used parmesan) and olives. Go wild with your imagination by remembering to create an Easter Egg impression and not just a vegetarian tart.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve after a few minutes or once it is completely cold.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
To keep the puff pastry fresh and crunchy keep this savory tart at room temperature and eat it within a day.
lot of love B.
p.s. If you are looking for another tasty vegetarian appetizer, check out my Flavored Easter butter – easy appetizer (photo below) or my Eggplant and sun-dried tomato spread for sandwich or bruschetta (photo below).